There are currently no items in your cart.
J. Adams: Nixon in China by Alsop; Colorado Symphony Orchestra & Chorus; Kanyova; Orth; Heller; Dahl; Hammons; Yuan; Malde; Simson; Dedominici. By John Adams (1947-). Naxos American Classics. 3 listening CDs. Published by Naxos (NX.8669022-24).
Release date: 10/27/09.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- Act I Scene 1: Beginning
- Act I Scene 1: Soldiers of heaven hold the sky (Chorus)
- Act I Scene 1: The people are the heroes now (Chorus)
- Act I Scene 1: Landing of the Spirit of '76
- Act I Scene 1: Your flight was smooth, I hope? (Chou, Nixon)
- Act I Scene 1: News has a kind of mystery (Nixon, Chou, Kissinger, Chorus)
- Act I Scene 2: Beginning - I can't talk very well. My throatâ€¦ (Mao, Nixon, Chou, Kissinger, 3 Secretaries)
- Act I Scene 2: You know we'll meet with your confrere, the Democratic candidate (Mao, Nixon, Kissinger)
- Act I Scene 2: You've said that there's a certain well-known tree (Chou, Nixon, Mao, Kissinger, 3 Secretaries)
- Act I Scene 2: Founders come first, then profiteers (Mao, 3 Secretaries, Nixon, Chou, Kissinger)
- Act I Scene 2: We no longer need Confucius (Mao, 3 Secretaries)
- Act I Scene 2: Like the Ming Tombs (Nixon, 3 Secretaries, Mao, Chou)
- Act I Scene 3: Beginning - The night is young (Nixon, Pat, Chou, Kissinger, Chorus)
- Act I Scene 3: Ladies and Gentlemen, Comrades and Friends (Chou, Chorus, Pat, Kissinger)
- Act I Scene 3: Mr. Premier, distinguished guests (Nixon, Chorus)
- Act I Scene 3: Cheers! (Chorus, Nixon, Chou, Pat, Kissinger)
- Act II Scene 1: Beginning - I don't daydream and don't look back (Pat)
- Act II Scene 1: Look down at the earth (Chorus, Pat, 3 Secretaries)
- Act II Scene 1: This is prophetic! (Pat)
- Act II Scene 1: At last the weather's warming up (Pat, Chorus)
- Act II Scene 2: Beginning - Young as we are (3 Secretaries)
- Act II Scene 2: O what a day I thought I'd die! (Kissinger as Lao Szu, Chorus as Ching-hua, 3 Secretaries, Pat)
- Act II Scene 2: Whip her to death! (Kissinger as Lao Szu, Pat, Nixon)
- Act II Scene 2: Tropical Storm: There there, there there (Pat)
- Act II Scene 2: Flesh Rebels (Chorus as Militia)
- Act II Scene 2: I have my brief (Kissinger as Lao Szu, Nixon)
- Act II Scene 2: It seems so strange (Chorus as Ching-hua, Chiang Ch'ing, Pat, Nixon, 3 Secretaries)
- Act II Scene 2: I am the wife of Mao Tse-tung (Chiang Ch'ing, Chorus)
- Act III: Beginning
- Act III: Some men you cannot satisfy (Kissinger, Nixon, Pat, Chou, Chiang Ch'ing)
- Act III: I am no one (Mao, Chou, Kissinger, Chiang Ch'ing, Pat)
- Act III: The Maos Dance (Chiang Ch'ing, Mao, Pat, Nixon, Chou)
- Act III: Sitting around the radio (Nixon, Pat)
- Act III: Let us examine what you did (Mao, Chiang Ch'ing, Chou)
- Act III: When I woke up I dimly realized the Jap Bombers had given us a miss (Nixon, Pat)
- Act III: I have no offspring (Chou, Mao, Chiang Ch'ing)
- Act III: I can keep still (Chiang Ch'ing)
- Act III: After that the sweat had soaked my uniform (Nixon, Pat, Chiang Ch'ing, Mao, Chou)
- Act III: Peking watches the stars (Chiang Ch'ing, Mao)
- Act III: You won at poker (Pat, Nixon, Chiang Ch'ing, Mao)
- Act III: I am old and I cannot sleep (Chou)
J. Adams: Nixon in China
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
J. Adams: Nixon in China
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Format: Listening CD
Series: Listening CDs