Iz -- The Ukulele Songbook
Ukulele TAB. This edition: Ukulele TAB. Artist/Personality; Book; Ukulele Method or Supplement. Acoustic. 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.37476).
Item Number: AP.37476
ISBN 0739080512. Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'Ole.
The current worldwide appreciation of ukulele music can easily be traced to one man, Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole. Israel's music conveys joy and hope and is loved the world over. When writing the book From the Corner of His Eye, author Dean Koontz found inspiration in Iz's music, stating, "I hope that the reader finds pleasure in my story equal to the joy and consolation that I found in the voice, the spirit, and the heart of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole." Tragically, Iz passed away at the age of 38 in 1997. The state flag of Hawaii was flown at half mast as he lay in state at the Hawaiian capitol building. He was the third person in Hawaiian history to be bestowed this honor. Ten thousand people attended his funeral and thousands gathered to witness as his ashes were scattered at Makua Beach. This songbook contains 13 songs transcribed for ukulele exactly as Iz performed them. Titles: 'Ama'ama * Hawai'i '78 * A Hawaiian Like Me * Henehene Kou 'Aka * Ka Huila Wai * Ka Pua U'i * Keyhole Hula (Kauoha Mai) * Kuhio Bay * Na Ka Pueo * Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World * Panini Puakea * 'Ulili E * White Sandy Beach * The Wind Beneath My Wings/He Hawai'i Au.
- White Sandy Beach Composed by Willy Dann
- Henehene Kou 'Aka
- Hawai'i 78 Additional credits Mickey Ioane
- Na Ka Pueo / Keyhole Hula Composed by Samuel Kalani Kaeo
- 'Ama 'Ama Composed by Sam Alama
- Panini Puakea Composed by John Kamealoha Almeida;Arranged by Johnny Noble
- Kuhio Bay Composed by Kaliana Bishaw;Arranged by Johnny Noble
- Ka Pua U'i Composed by Bina Mossman
- He Hawai'i Au Composed by Ron Rosha; Peter Moon
- A Hawaiian Like Me Composed by Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole
- Ka Huila Wai Composed by Alfred Alohikea
- Over The Rainbow (From "The Wizard Of Oz") Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg
- The Wind Beneath My Wings (from "Beaches") Composed by Jeff Silbar; Larry Henley
- What a Wonderful World Composed by George Weiss; Bob Thiele
- Keyhole Hula (Kauoha Mai) Composed by Lena Machado
- 'Ulili E Composed by George Keahi; Harry Naope