There are currently no items in your cart.
Italian Arias of the Baroque and Classical Eras edited by John Glenn Paton. For Voice (High voice (Medium-High)). Masterworks; Vocal Collection. Masterwork; play along. Book & CD. 160 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.4982).
A sampling of the world's greatest Baroque and Classical arias. In addition to offering fascinating background information about the arias and their composers, the editor has corrected a multitude of errors which have accumulated over time, and has replaced Romantic-era misinterpretations with accompaniments that are faithful to historical styles. Includes word-by-word transcriptions into the International Phonetic Alphabet.
List/syllabus: ABRSM; TX UIL PML: Vocal, Choral; WI Choral 2012-13.
- The Roots of Baroque Style
- The Evolution of Classical and Romantic Styles
- Good Style in Italian Singing
- Good Style in Accompanying
- 1. Nel pur ardo, from Euridice Performed by Jocopo Peri
- 2. Vezzosette e care pupilette Performed by Andrea Falconieri
- 3. Che t'ho fatt'io Performed by Francesca Caccini
- 4. Piangete, ohime piangete Performed by Gian Giacomo Ccarissimi
- 5. Dimmi, amor Performed by Arcangelo Lori
- 6. Tu mancavi a tormentarmi Performed by Carlo Caproli
- 7. Si mantiene il mio amor, from Alessandro Performed by Antonio Cesti
- 8. Intorno all'idol mio, from Orontea Performed by Antonio Cesti
- 9. In amor ci vuol ardir Performed by Antonia Bembo
- 10. Toglietemi la vita, from Pompeo Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- 11. Amor, preparami, from Pompeo Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- 12. Deh, piu a me non v'ascondete from Eraclea Performed by Giovanni Battista Bononcini
- 13. L'esperto nocchiero, from Astarto Performed by Giovanni Battista Bononcini
- 14. Un'ombra di pace, from Calfurnia Performed by Giovanni Battista Bononcini
- 15. Selve, amiche, from La costanza in amor vince l'ingamo Performed by Antonio Caldara
- 16. La rondiella amante, from Griselda Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- 17. Sen corre l'agnelletta, from Ginerva Performed by Domenico Sarri
- 18. Consolati, e spera, from Ifigenia in Tauri Performed by Domenico Scalatti
- 19. Teo, si, from La caduta dei Decemviri Performed by Leonardo Vinci
- 20. Stzzoso, mio stizzoso, from LA serva padrona Performed by G.B. Pergolesi
- 21. La Calandrina, from L'Ucellatrice Performed by Niccolo Jommelli
- 22. Ogni amatore, from La buona figliuola Performed by Niccolo Piccini
- 23. Ombra cara, amorosa, from Antigona Performed by Tommaso Traetta
- 24. Lungi da te, ben mio Performed by Giuseppe Sarti
- 25. Se voi bramate, from Il re Teodoro in Venezia Performed by Giovanni Paisiello
- 26. Un bocconcin d'amante, from La Grotta di Trofonio Performed by Antonio Salieri
- The Sounds of Italian
- Key to the International Phonetic Alphabet for Italian
- Geographical Origins
Italian Arias of the Baroque and Classical Eras
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Italian Arias of the Baroque and Classical Eras
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music