There are currently no items in your cart.
Introduction to Chord Theory & Chord Voicing composed by John Miller. For Guitar (All). Boxed, Chord Book. Grossman Guitar Workshop. All Styles. Intermediate. 2-DVD Set. Duration 205 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW994SDVD).
In this 2-DVD set master guitarist and instructor John Miller walks you through the fundamentals of chord theory, providing you with the conceptual tools needed to understand chord structure, and then shows you how to apply that knowledge to the neck of guitar, making practical sense of the information so that you will be equipped to voice chords up and down the neck in any key.
In Volume One of the set, John goes over the major scale and its structure, and then moves on to intervals. He moves then into triads and shows how the diatonic triads are derived from scale structure, following up triads with seventh chords, the diatonic seventh chords and the various seventh chord types. As you move through these topics, you will find a variety of exercises on the PDF that is included on your DVD, exercises that will test and build your knowledge of these topics. John then shows you how to voice triads and seventh chords out of the E, A, C, D and F positions.
In Volume Two, John starts out by defining sixth chords and showing how to voice them, then discusses tonic function and seventh chord function. The remainder of Volume Two is devoted to working on songs, seeing how to play the same song in a variety of keys and positions and how to use the way the guitar is tuned to transpose from one key to another in the easiest possible fashion. If you are really interested in understanding chords and ready to work on developing your understanding, Introduction to Chord Theory and Chord Voicing for the Guitarist will get you well on your way towards that goal.
Introduction to Chord Theory & Chord Voicing
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Introduction to Chord Theory & Chord Voicing
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music