There are currently no items in your cart.
In Tandem (score & parts) composed by Josh Gottry. Percussion Ensemble. For percussion duet (marimba (shared), player 1 (bass drum, bongos), player 2 (hi-hat, splash cymbal, bongos)). Medium difficult. Score & parts. Duration 7:50. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.17480).
This piece was written by Josh Gottry to give two individuals, using limited instrumentation, the opportunity to truly create one unified performance. The title, In Tandem, comes simply from the composer's desire to force the two players to work in close quarters and seamlessly share notes or rhythmic ideas that must sound as played by one individual.
This piece was written to give two individuals, using limited instrumentation, the opportunity to truly create one unified performance. The title, In Tandem, comes simply from my desire to force the two players to work in close quarters and seamlessly share notes or rhythmic ideas that must sound as played by one individual. Mallets for this piece should be chosen carefully to provide a full, warm sound from the marimba, especially in the low register, yet generate the appropriate articulation on the bongos and high-hat. A medium to medium-hard cord mallet likely will provide the best compromise, with Player 2 using a slightly softer mallet than Player 1. Player 1 will need to use 4 mallets for the 'Suddenly Lethargic' section. Player 2 should use 4 mallets for everything other than the 'Suddenly Lethargic' portion. Also in that section, Player 2 will move to and perform from the front side of the marimba as indicated.
In Tandem (score & parts)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
In Tandem (score & parts)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music