In Recital, with Classical Themes - Book 3
Piano - Late Elementary
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. In Recital with Classical Themes. The FJH pianist's curriculum. Instructional, Method and Play Along. Collection and accompaniment CD. 39 pages. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1699).
Item Number: FJ.FF1699
ISBN 1-56939-652-3. 9x12 inches.
The late elementary level student will experience a substantial variety of classical themes within Book 3. The solos and duets in this book include themes from a violin concerto, a string quartet, symphonies, and more. Students will obtain a greater per.
About In Recital with Classical Themes
The In Recital series, compiled, edited, and recorded by Helen Marlais, is a carefully leveled comprehensive series ranging from the Early Elementary to Late Intermediate levels. Each of the impressive collections within the In Recital series offers students captivating pieces by leading FJH composers and arrangers. The pieces are skillfully crafted, addressing essential pedagogical needs while integrating creative elements to motivate and generate enthusiasm as well as the studentÃ•s desire to succeed. All of the books include a CD with complete performances.
- about the pieces and composers
- "London" Symphony (Symphony in D major, Hob. 104, Movement One) Solo, Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn;Arranged by Kevin Olson
- String Quartet (Kaiser, Opus 76, No. 3, Movement Two) Solo, Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn;Arranged by Robert Schultz
- Ode to Joy form Symphony No. 9, Opus 125, Movement Four Solo, Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven;Arranged by Timothy Brown
- The Royal March of the Lion from Carnival of the Animals Solo, Composed by Camille Saint-Saens;Arranged by Edwin Mclean
- The Little Man in the Woods from Hansel and Gretel Equal Part Duet, Composed by Engelbert Humperdinck;Arranged by Kevin Olson
- Sheep May Safely Graze form Birthday Cantata, BWV 208, Movement Nine Unequal Part Duet, Composed by Engelbert Humperdinck;Arranged by Robert Schultz
- Polovstian Dance No. 17 from Prince Igor Optional Duet, Composed by Alexander Borodin;Arranged by Mary Leaf
- The Dance of the Hours from La gioconda Equal Part Duet, Composed by Amilcare Ponchielli;Arranged by Robert Schultz
- Marche Slav (Opus 31) Equal Part Duet, Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky;Arranged by Timothy Brown
- Violin Concerto (Opus 77, Movement Two) Solo, Composed by Johannes Brahms;Arranged by Kevin Olson
- about the arrangers
- fun with classical themes