Hymn Descants for Ringers and Singers, Vol. III
All Saints', Ascension, Communion, Pentecost. Arranged by Anna Laura Page. This edition: Handbell Part. Choral Worship Collection. Alfred Handbell Series. All Saints Day; Ascension; Communion; Fall; Pentecost; Sacred; Spring. Handbell Score. 16 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.16057).
Item Number: AP.16057
All Saints Day; Ascension; Communion; Fall; Pentecost; Sacred; Spring.
Hymn Descants for Ringers and Singers is a wonderful worship resource that provides fresh opportunities for programming with handbells, singers, and keyboard. The collection is presented in four volumes focusing on seasonal applications:
-Volume I---Advent, Christmas & Epiphany
-Volume II---Lent, Holy Week & Easter
-Volume III---All Saints', Ascension, Christ the King, Communion, Pentecost, Reformation & Trinity Sunday
-Volume IV---Patriotism, Stewardship & Thanksgiving.
Each volume contains 10 tunes arranged for 3-octaves handbells. Each tune was selected based upon its appropriateness to both festal days and special events in the church year as well as to its common usage in most major denominational hymnals.
"The handbell arrangements" may serve as hymn introductions, interludes, postludes, or accompaniments. The rich harmonizations are based upon the standard harmonic structures of each hymn, enhancing them without straying too far afield. Thus, they may be used to accompany hymn singing, inspiring rather than frightening the average congregant! These arrangements may also be performed as separate handbell pieces without singing.
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God (Ein' Feste Burg)
- Break Thou the Bread of Life (Bread of Life)
- Come, Thou Almighty King (Italian Hymn)
- Crown Him With Many Crowns (Diademata)
- For All the Saints (Sine Nomine)
- Here, O My Lord, We See You Face to Face (Morecambe)
- Holy, Holy, Holy (Nicaea)
- O Worship The King (Lyons)
- Praise, My Soul, The King Of Heaven (Lauda Anima)
- The Church's One Foundation (Aurelia)