Hymn Descants for Ringers and Singers, Vol. II
Lent, Holy Week, & Easter. Arranged by Anna Laura Page. This edition: Handbell Part. Choral Worship Collection. Alfred Handbell Series. Easter; Holy Week; Lent; Sacred; Spring. Handbell Score. 16 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.11528).
Item Number: AP.11528
Hymn Descants for Ringers and Singers is a wonderful worship resource that provides fresh opportunities for programming with handbells, singers, and keyboard. The collection is presented in four volumes focusing on seasonal applications:
-Volume I---Advent, Christmas & Epiphany
-Volume II---Lent, Holy Week & Easter
-Volume III---All Saints', Ascension, Christ the King, Communion, Pentecost, Reformation & Trinity Sunday
-Volume IV---Patriotism, Stewardship & Thanksgiving.
Each volume contains 10 tunes arranged for 3-octaves handbells. Each tune was selected based upon its appropriateness to both festal days and special events in the church year as well as to its common usage in most major denominational hymnals.
"The handbell arrangements" may serve as hymn introductions, interludes, postludes, or accompaniments. The rich harmonizations are based upon the standard harmonic structures of each hymn, enhancing them without straying too far afield. Thus, they may be used to accompany hymn singing, inspiring rather than frightening the average congregant! These arrangements may also be performed as separate handbell pieces without singing.
- All Glory, Laud And Honor (St. Theodulph)
- Beneath The Cross Of Jesus (St. Christopher)
- Christ Is Alive! (Truro)
- Christ The Lord Is Risen Today (Easter Hymn)
- Hosanna, Loud Hosanna (Ellacombe)
- Let Us Break Bread Together (Let Us Break Bread)
- My Faith Looks Up To Thee (Olivet)
- The Day of Resurrection (Lancashire)
- Were You There? (Were You There?)
- What Wonderous Love Is This? (Wonderous Love)