Howard Morgen's Solo Guitar
Insights, Arranging Techniques & Classic Jazz Standards. Composed by Howard Morgen. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction; Technique Musicianship. Jazz Masters Series. Jazz. Book. 132 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.0333B).
Item Number: AP.0333B
Solo Guitar is a musical approach to understand the techniques and concepts of solo guitar. Topics include arranging, transcribing, chord progressions, and chord substitutions. Also included are tips for maximizing practice time. Howard demonstrates every subject with arrangements of some of the most memorable songs of any serious musician's repertoire. Titles include: In Your Own Sweet Way * You Stepped Out of a Dream * Stompin' at the Savoy * Misty * Laura * Take Five and more.
- Invitation Composed by Bronislau Kaper;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- Take Five Composed by Paul Desmond
- In Your Own Sweet Way Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Those Were The Days Composed by Charles Strouse;Lyrics by Lee Adams
- You Stepped Out of a Dream Composed by Nacio Herb Brown;Lyrics by Gus Kahn
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (Vocal) Composed by John Frederick Coots;Lyrics by Haven Gillespie
- Stompin' at the Savoy (Instrumental Version) Composed by Benny Goodman,Edgar Sampson,Chick Webb
- It Might Be You (Theme From "Tootsie") Composed by Dave Grusin;Lyrics by Alan Bergman,Marilyn Bergman
- Laura Composed by David Raksin;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Misty (Vocal) Composed by Erroll Garner;Lyrics by Johnny Burke
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If it ain't got That Swing) Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Irving Mills