There are currently no items in your cart.
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 3 composed by Stefan Grossman. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Boxed, Methods. Grossman Guitar Workshop. Blues. Beginning-Intermediate. DVD. Duration 85 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW973DVD).
Our third lesson features a wide variety of fingerpicking blues styles and techniques played in the Keys of A and E. From slow blues in the style of Lightnin' Hopkins to playing a blues in A in a dropped D tuning (D A D G B E). Delta blues guitar techniques are taught with songs and ideas by Son House, Willie Brown, Charlie Patton, Tommy Johnson and Skip James.
As in each previous lesson the final aim is to give you a freedom to improvise playing a blues in these keys. As a bonus feature audio tracks are included featuring rare recordings of the songs and styles presented.
Each tune is taught phrase by phrase and played slowly on a split-screen. A detailed tab/music booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD. This includes lyrics to the songs as well as tab/music transcriptions of the guitar playing.
Tunes include: County Line, Slow Blues in A, Come Back Baby, Yonder Comes The Blues, Weeping Willow, M&O Blues, Bye Bye Blues, New Pony Blues, If You Haven't Any Hay Get On Down The Road and Slow Blues in E. 85 minutes
- Bye Bye Blues
- Come Back Baby
- County Line
- If You Haven't Any Hay Get On Down The Road
- M & O Blues
- New Pony Blues
- Slow Blues in A
- Slow Blues In E
- Weeping Willow
- Yonder Comes The Blues
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 3
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 3
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music