There are currently no items in your cart.
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 2 composed by Stefan Grossman. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Boxed, Methods. Grossman Guitar Workshop. Blues. Beginning-Intermediate. DVD. Duration 85 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW972DVD).
In our second lesson we focus on the Keys of G and D. The playing techniques of Blind Lemon Jefferson, Rev. Gary Davis, Tommy Johnson and Lonnie Johnson are discussed as well as many other facets of fingerpicking in these keys. We will travel from the Carolinas to Texas to the Mississippi Delta to the sophisticated sounds of Lonnie Johnson. This is a challenging lesson that will illustrate different right and left hand techniques.
As in our first lesson the aim is to give you a freedom to improvise playing a blues in these keys. As a bonus feature audio tracks are included featuring rare recordings of the songs and styles presented.
Each tune is taught phrase by phrase and played slowly on a split-screen. A detailed tab/music booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD. This includes lyrics to the songs as well as tab/music transcriptions of the guitar playing.
Tunes include: Blues in G, Easy Rider, Return to Little Rock, Mama Let Me Lay It On You, Blues Ain't Dry, Careless Love, Big Road Blues, Canned Heat Blues and Blues in D. 76 minutes
- Big Road Blues
- Blues Ain't Dry
- Blues in D
- Blues in G
- Canned Heat Blues
- Careless Love
- Easy Rider
- Mama Let Me Lay It On you
- Return to Little Rock
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
How to Play Blues Guitar, Volume 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music