There are currently no items in your cart.
- Listen (1)
Hofbrauhaus Polka arranged by Apollo Chamber Players. For String Quartet. Classical Period, Folk Music, World. Advanced Intermediate. Set of Parts, Score. Apollo CP #012. Published by Apollo CP (S0.12709).
As imparted through Bohemian folklore, the polka was birthed by a young woman named Anna Slezakova, who improvised a dance to accompany a local folk song. Immediately popular, the polka dance spread like wildfire from dance halls in Prague to the ballrooms of Vienna, France and Germany. This simple dance has proved timeless, inspiring the musical creativity of generations of composers. This arrangement was transcribed and arranged from a catchy tune played by a five-piece band in Munich's famed Hofbrauhaus (beer hall). Reminiscent of personal experiences at this German cultural mecca, we thought it fitting to highlight a genre of song - in this case the polka - so indelibly meshed in the cultural personality and mythology of Germany. This particular polka, to which we were unable to find a specific title or name, engenders folk music at its best: catchy, unique, and expressing a natural rhythmic pulse. Taking a few harmonic liberties, this arrangement features an energetically brooding, classical-style minor section, paying homage to our classical composer inspirations. Featured in Apollo's album, 'EUROPEAN FOLKSCAPES,' available on Navona Records.www.navonarecords.comwww.apollochamberplayers.org.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: String Quartet Music