There are currently no items in your cart.
Hey Fiddle Fiddle! composed by Brian Balmages. For string orchestra. Orchestra. FJH Beginning Strings. Grade 1.5. Score and set of parts. Duration 1 minute, 20 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.ST6120).
Hey Fiddle Fiddle! can be performed at a variety of tempos and still be effective in performance. Ultimately, strive for a tempo that feels good in 2 - but it is certainly appropriate to work in a fast 4, especially for younger students. Players should
This fun-spirited fiddle tune begins with a unison statement of the theme, then gradually expands in harmony until the entire ensemble is into the groove. While the theme develops, the initial pizzicato in the low strings serves as the rhythm section of the group. Other members of the orchestra take over this rhythm section, including violas (and optional violin 3), stomping and clapping as the hoedown begins to roar. As is characteristic of much fiddle music, Hey Fiddle Fiddle! is based mostly on open 4ths and 5ths. These intervals become the focus of the piece at measure 49, where violins and violas trade phrases back and forth with low strings. One final build brings the tune back for a stirring conclusion.
About FJH Beginning Strings
Appropriate for first year string students. All instruments stay in first position, and optional third violin (viola) parts and piano are included to aid in rehearsal and performance situations. Grade 1 - 1.5
Hey Fiddle Fiddle!
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Hey Fiddle Fiddle!
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Series: FJH Beginning Strings