An Album. Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Marvin Blickenstaff, Leann House. Softcover. With Standard notation. 47 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.PL116).
Item Number: CF.PL116
This collection, part of the Basic Piano Literature Series is devoted to the keyboard music of Baroque master George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). In addition to the thirteen pieces included in Handel - An Album, the editor has provided fascinating notes on Baroque performance practice, covering Affect, Articulation, Ornamentation and determining correct or appropriate Tempo. Each piece is also provided with specific performance suggestions and guidelines for determining what the composer's musical intentions were. This is a great collection with which to introduce Handel's music to a serious intermediate student or amateur player. The book contains: Air with Five Variations in E Major (The Harmonious Blacksmith), Allegro from "Suite in D Minor," Capriccio in G Minor, Entree from "Suite in G Minor," Gigue in F Major, Sarabande (with Two Variations) from "Suite in D Minor," Toccata in G Minor and more - thirteen selections in all.
- Gigue in F Major
- Allegro (From Suite In G Minor, Hwv 432/Ii)
- Allegro (From Suite In D Minor, Hwv 436/Ii)
- Sarabande (With Two Variations) (From Suite In D Minor, Hwv 437/Iv)
- Aria (From Suite In G Major, Hwv 441/Iv)
- Jigg (From Suite In D Minor, Hwv 437/V)
- Entree (From Suite In G Minor, Hwv 453/Ii)
- Toccata In G Minor (Hwv 586)
- Capriccio In G Minor (Hwv 483)
- Air With Five Variations In E Major (The Harmonious Blacksmith) From Suite In E Major, Hwv 430/Iv