Hampton A /I Got Rhythm/Book & CD/Tsax
10 Jazz Standards for Tenor Saxophone. Arranged by Andy Hampton. Book; CD; Play-Along; Woodwind - Saxophone Method or Collection. Faber Edition. Jazz. 32 pages. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-0571527469).
Item Number: AP.12-0571527469
This volume brings together Gershwin, Porter, Ellington and other legends of 20th Century Jazz. I Got Rhythm features ten absolute classics of jazz repertoire, idiomatically arranged for the intermediate (Grades 4-6) player.
Melody, lyrics and chord symbols are provided, offering opportunity for improvisation, with suggested solo phrases notated to aid the beginner. There is also a brief guide and biographical note for each song in the collection. In addition, the playalong CD comprises a live trio of piano, bass and drums for truly authentic performance.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- 'round Midnight Composed by Thelonious Monk,Bernard D. Hanighen,Cootie Williams
- Body And Soul Composed by John Green;Lyrics by Robert Sour,Edward Heyman,Frank Eyton
- Fascinating Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- I Could Write A Book Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- In The Still Of The Night Composed by Cole Porter
- Mood Indigo Composed by Duke Ellington,Irving Mills,Albany Bigard
- Night and Day Composed by Cole Porter
- Sophisticated Lady Additional credits Duke Ellington,Irving Mills,Mitchell Parish
- They Can't Take That Away From Me Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
Customers Who Bought Hampton A /I Got Rhythm/Book & CD/Tsax Also Bought: