There are currently no items in your cart.
Hall of the White Giant composed by Stephen Lias (1966-). For Marimba. 21st Century. Advanced. Score. Published by Stephen Lias (S0.3483).
A 12-minute piece for advanced solo marimba. This piece was commissioned by Brad Meyer (Commission Director), Kyle Forsthoff, Caleb Herron, Colin Hill, Ming-Hui Kuo, Brian S. Mason, Brian Nozny, Luis Rivera, Ben Stiers, and Joe Frank Williams. Premiered by Brad Meyer in Danville, Kentucky on May 3, 2012 One of the more strenuous and adventurous places to visit at Carlsbad Caverns National Park is the Hall of the White Giant. Far off the public walkways, this four-hour adventure is a real spelunking trip replete with muddy scrambles, exhausting climbs, clothing-ripping tight spaces, and (of course) amazing rock formations as the reward. While this piece does not recount the journey in a literal sense, it attempts to capture some of the emotions, frustrations, and surprises of the experience. Imagine impenetrable darkness, precarious ledges, and rock frozen in breathtaking cascades. View a performance of Brad Meyer performing the piece at: http://youtu.be/l47S90kcIQM.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music in digital format that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your digital sheet music will have a “watermark” at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only licensed to print as many copies as you have purchased. You may not distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e. you may not print individual copies for friends or students)
Hall of the White Giant
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Hall of the White Giant
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Marimba Sheet Music
Genre: 21st Century Sheet Music
Series: Digital Print Publishing