There are currently no items in your cart.
Gyro composed by Tomer Yariv. Multi-Percussion Duet. For multi-percussion duet (2 sets of the following instrumentation: 22" bass drum, 4 toms (8", 10", 13", 14"), bongos, hi-hat, splash cymbal, cow bell, wood block). Level 5. Score and set of parts. Duration 8 minutes, 2 seconds. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.D-TY-GYR).
Composer's notes: The title Gyro is short for Gyroscope - a navigation device, mounted on a base so that its axis can rotate freely in different directions, while maintaining its orientation. Like the Gyroscope, many elements of martial arts are built on the same concept, as warriors must have both gyroscopic flexibility and stability, to enable them to move without body limitations. Gyro is based on the same idea - its goal is to combine the physics of the Gyroscope and the physiology of martial arts. Therefore, the piece requires the players to have dynamic stability as a steady axis, and move their upper body in a free manner, through constant awareness of completing each other.
"This multiple percussion duet is scored for two large, identical setups. The instrumentation includes one 22-inch bass drum, one 14-inch tom-tom, one 13-inch tomtom, one 10-inch tom-tom, one 8-inch tom-tom, bongos, hi-hat, splash cymbal, cowbell, and woodblock. Alternating metrically among 3/4, 2/4, 5/4, and 7/8, this 196-measure composition (about four minutes in performance time) has sections designed to be exactly the same (mirrorimage performances) and sections that alternate in rhythmic complexity between the two performers. This composition will take a large amount of metronomic rehearsal so that the internal pulse is identical between the two performers. "Gyro" is appropriate for a senior level undergraduate duo or a pair of graduate percussionists." - Jim Lambert, Percussive Notes July 2010.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Percussion Sheet Music