There are currently no items in your cart.
Gypsy Swing & Hot Club Rhythm for Mandolin composed by Dix Bruce. For Mandolin. Saddle-stitched, Play Along. Jazz. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Musix (MB.902BCD).
ISBN 9780786677733. Jazz. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Learn 12 great swing standards recorded by Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grappelli, and the Quintette of the Hot Club of France. Play along with a great Gypsy Swing Rhythm Section and learn chords, comping, and melodies, then let the band back you up as you practice chords and soloing. You play all the leads while the band backs you up. Beginners can practice basic skills while more advanced players can hone their improvisation chops, each at their own individual learning pace.
Includes standard notation, tablature, chord diagrams, lyrics, playing tips, and more. Each song is presented on the CD at slow and regular speed. First you'll hear the melody played on mandolin at a slow speed with just guitar backup, then it's repeated at regular speed with the band. Split track mixing on the recording allows the student to hear just the melody (while reading along in the book) or just the rhythm section, or both for maximum flexibility and specific study. Finally the band plays several choruses and you play all the leads. Songs may be repeated, at slow or regular speed, as many times as you wish in order to perfect phrases, melodies and solos in a band context.
Includes special section on how to play rhythm back up chords and get that swing pulse on mandolin. Potential for improvement is unlimited. Guitar version also available. We'll jam all night long!
- After You've Gone Performed by Creamer & Layton
- Avalon Performed by Jolson & Rose
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home? Performed by C. Williams & C. Warfield
- Chicago Performed by F. Fisher
- China Boy Performed by D. Winfree & P. Boutelje
- Dark Eyes
- Rose Room Performed by A. Hickman & H. Williams
- Some of These Days Performed by Sheldon Brooks
- St. Louis Blues Performed by W.C. Handy
- Swing in Minor Performed by Dix Bruce
- Swingin' Like '42 Performed by Dix Bruce
- The Sheik Of Araby Performed by T. Snyder, H. Smith & F. Wheeler
Gypsy Swing & Hot Club Rhythm for Mandolin
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Gypsy Swing & Hot Club Rhythm for Mandolin
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Mandolin Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music