There are currently no items in your cart.
Gymnopedie 1 and Gnossienne 3 - 2 scores composed by Erik Satie (1866-1925). For Alto Recorder and guitar. Recorder with Guitar. 2 Scores. Published by Moeck Verlag (MM.MK00792).
Throughout his entire life Erik Satie (1866 - 1925) was known as an enfant terrible and outsider. Right from the beginning of his artistic career he did not succumb to the traditions of the 19th century. Due to his open-mindedness towards all kind of styles including "lightweight" popular music, he developed a style that pointed ahead to later trends such as for instance minimal music. His musical language was opposed to the rich and flowery style of the romantic period and while ignoring the laws of climax and anti-climax his compositions were based upon the principle of juxtaposing separate equal parts. The Gymnopedies and Gnossiennes for piano belong to Satie"s early works and are his most well known. The Gymnopedies refer to dance festivities of naked boys (gymnos = naked, paidos = boy) from ancient Sparta. Ritualistic dances from the town of Knossos on the other hand initiated the Gnossiennes. These are musically closely related to the Gymnopedies. The juxtaposition and repetition of small phrases creates a meditative character that is underpinned by the Greek-oriental modal harmonies and also by the omission of bar lines (Gnossienne no. 3). In consideration of Satie"s basic approach of using ancient models, an arrangement for string instrument and flute is not that far fetched as it may appear. This arrangement will hopefully make the distinctiveness of Satie"s music all the more apparent.
Gymnopedie 1 and Gnossienne 3 - 2 scores
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Gymnopedie 1 and Gnossienne 3 - 2 scores
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Impressionism Sheet Music