There are currently no items in your cart.
Guitar Class Method Volume 1 composed by William Bay. For Guitar (All). Wire bound, Methods. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 146 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93300).
ISBN 9780871665300. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This approach really works. It holds my student's interest. These are typical comments on the effectiveness of William Bay's Guitar Class Method. As no other instrument lends itself to so many moods and styles of music (blues, folk, rock, country, classical, flamenco, jazz, etc.), playing the guitar as a popular mode of expression and the instrument itself have become an integral part of American life. The Guitar Class Method was written with the hope it would expand the range of people of all ages who would be exposed to the guitar through a meaningful, authoritative method that is easy to follow.
Volume 1 of this method for individual or group study offers an overview of the various styles of guitars and playing techniques with advice on purchasing and caring for the instrument, selecting guitar strings, and playing positions. Includes special sections devoted specifically to chord strumming, blues structure and style, fingerstyle technique, note reading, and music theory. The individual sections can be used simultaneously in any order to take the class in any direction it wants. Written in standard notation and tablature with chords presented in both diagram and photo format. Lyrics are included for many songs and a few melodies are presented as duet arrangements.
- A Visit To The Relatives
- Auld Lang Syne
- Long, Long Ago
- Make a Joyful Noise Performed by William Bay
- Mamma Told Me
- Psalm 100
- Pushin And A Pullin'
- Skip to My Lou
- The Wayfarin' Stranger Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- What Child Is This? Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair
- Buffalo Gals
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Kum Ba Yah
- Mary Ann
- Night Song
- Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
- Playtime Performed by Ignaz Josef Pleyel
- Sweet By And By Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- When The Saint's Go Marchin' In Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- 12th Street And Delmar
- Blues Shuffle Boogie
- Careless Love
- Country Pickin'
- Oh! Susanna
- Song Of Peace
- The Blue Bells Of Scotland Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Wandering Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Wayfarin' Stranger Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Aura Lee
- Camptown Races
- Coventry Carol
- Just A Closer Walk With Thee
- Pensive Mood
- She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
- Blues Shuffle Rhythm
- Hail Hail The Gang's All Here
- In The Evening By The Moonlight
- The Builder Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- A Serenade
- Amazing Grace
- Down By The Riverside
- Home on the Range
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
- Red River Valley
- Au Clair de la Lune
- Blessed Be the Name
- Down in the Valley
- Faith of Our Fathers
- Old Folks At Home
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor? Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Battle Hymn Of The Republic
- City Slicker
- Jacob's Ladder
- Look Down
- Now The Day Is Over
- The Old Mill Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Austrian Hymn Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie
- Slidin' Into E
- A Daily Drill
- Down And Out
- Green Grow The Lilacs
- Haydn's Theme
- How Can I Leave Thee
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Home, Home, Can I Forget Thee
- Motown Shuffle
Guitar Class Method Volume 1
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Guitar Class Method Volume 1
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook