There are currently no items in your cart.
Guitar Class Method Volume 1 composed by William Bay. For Guitar (All). Wire bound, Methods. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 146 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93300).
ISBN 9780871665300. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This approach really works. It holds my student's interest. These are typical comments on the effectiveness of William Bay's Guitar Class Method. As no other instrument lends itself to so many moods and styles of music (blues, folk, rock, country, classical, flamenco, jazz, etc.), playing the guitar as a popular mode of expression and the instrument itself have become an integral part of American life. The Guitar Class Method was written with the hope it would expand the range of people of all ages who would be exposed to the guitar through a meaningful, authoritative method that is easy to follow.
Volume 1 of this method for individual or group study offers an overview of the various styles of guitars and playing techniques with advice on purchasing and caring for the instrument, selecting guitar strings, and playing positions. Includes special sections devoted specifically to chord strumming, blues structure and style, fingerstyle technique, note reading, and music theory. The individual sections can be used simultaneously in any order to take the class in any direction it wants. Written in standard notation and tablature with chords presented in both diagram and photo format. Lyrics are included for many songs and a few melodies are presented as duet arrangements.
- A Visit To The Relatives
- Auld Lang Syne
- Long, Long Ago
- Make a Joyful Noise Performed by William Bay
- Mamma Told Me
- Psalm 100
- Pushin And A Pullin'
- Skip to My Lou
- The Wayfarin' Stranger Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- What Child Is This? Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair
- Buffalo Gals
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Kum Ba Yah
- Mary Ann
- Night Song
- Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
- Playtime Performed by Ignaz Josef Pleyel
- Sweet By And By Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- When The Saint's Go Marchin' In Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- 12th Street And Delmar
- Blues Shuffle Boogie
- Careless Love
- Country Pickin'
- Oh! Susanna
- Song Of Peace
- The Blue Bells Of Scotland Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Wandering Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Wayfarin' Stranger Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Aura Lee
- Camptown Races
- Coventry Carol
- Just A Closer Walk With Thee
- Pensive Mood
- She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
- Blues Shuffle Rhythm
- Hail Hail The Gang's All Here
- In The Evening By The Moonlight
- The Builder Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- A Serenade
- Amazing Grace
- Down By The Riverside
- Home on the Range
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
- Red River Valley
- Au Clair de la Lune
- Blessed Be the Name
- Down in the Valley
- Faith of Our Fathers
- Old Folks At Home
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor? Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Battle Hymn Of The Republic
- City Slicker
- Jacob's Ladder
- Look Down
- Now The Day Is Over
- The Old Mill Performed by Music Attr. Joseph P. Webster, Words: Sanford F. B
- Austrian Hymn Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie
- Slidin' Into E
- A Daily Drill
- Down And Out
- Green Grow The Lilacs
- Haydn's Theme
- How Can I Leave Thee
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Home, Home, Can I Forget Thee
- Motown Shuffle
Guitar Class Method Volume 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Guitar Class Method Volume 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook