There are currently no items in your cart.
Guitar Chord Resource (A Complete Approach to Using Chords). By Buck Brown, Robert Brown, Dan Donnelly, and David Sinclair. For Guitar. Book; CD; Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. 424 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.38873).
Designed for beginning as well as advanced guitarists, Guitar Chord Resource is your one-stop source for exploring guitar chords. Find nearly every chord under the sun, then learn how to apply, interpret, strum, fingerpick, and transpose them. Included are ideas for embellishing and ornamenting open chords, plus tips for mastering and connecting chords, inversions, and string sets across the entire fretboard. Additionally, learn to read and interpret lead sheets (song charts) using flex, or shell, voicings. This is just the tip of the iceberg because you will be referring to and learning from this book for years to come. An MP3 CD is included to demonstrate the examples in the book.
- Chords of the Harmonic Minor Scale
- Chords of the Melodic Minor Scale
- Quartal Harmony
- Chords With More Than One Name
- The Chord Connection
- Triad Chord Connections
- Diatonic triads
- Triad String Set #2
- Triad String Set #3
- Triad String Set #4
- 6ths and 10ths
- Triads in Spread Voicing
- Complex Chords
- Chord Symbol Notation
- 7th Chord Inversions
- The Five Four-Note String Sets
- Four-Note String Set #1
- Four-Note String Set #2
- Four-Note String Set #3
- Four-Note String Set #4
- Four-Note String Set #5
- Other Chords You Should Know
- About the Authors
- PART ONE: EASY CHORD IDEAS
- Introduction to Part One
- Review the Basics
- Standard Music Notation
- chord diagrams
- Roman Numerals
- The Major Scale
- Introducing Triads
- Four-Note Chord Preview
- Major Chord Scales
- Chord Progressions
- Minor Chord Scales
- Fingerpicks and Strums
- Fingerpicking Patterns
- Strumming Patterns
- Four-Note Chords
- 7th-Chord Scales
- C Major Family Chord Embellishments
- C Ideas---The I Chord
- D min Ideas---The ii Chord
- E min Ideas---The iii Chord
- F Ideas---The IV Chord
- G Ideas---The V Chord
- A min Ideas---The vi Chord
- B dim/Bmin7-flat 5 Ideas---The vii-diminished Chord
- Common Chord Progressions
- Common "Ear Twisters"
- An Etude for the C Family
- By The Sea
- A Major Family Chord Embellishments
- A Ideas---The I Chord
- B min Ideas---The ii Chord
- C sharp min Ideas---The iii Chord
- D Ideas---The IV Chord
- E Ideas---The V Chord
- F-sharp min Ideas---The vi Chord
- G-sharp dim/G-sharp min7-flat 5 Ideas---The vii-diminished Chord
- Etude for the A Family
- G Major Family Chord Embellishments
- G Ideas---The I Chord
- A min Ideas---The ii Chord
- B min Ideas---iii Chord
- C Ideas---The IV Chord
- D Ideas---The V Chord
- E min Ideas---The vi Chord
- F-sharp dim/F-sharp min7-flat 5 Ideas---The vii-diminished Chord
- Little Etude in E Minor
- Etude for the G Family
- E Major Family Chord Embellishments
- E Ideas---The I Chord
- F-sharp min Ideas---The ii Chord
- G-sharp min Ideas---The iii Chord
- A Ideas---The IV Chord
- B Ideas---The V Chord
- C-sharp min Ideas---The vi Chord
- D-sharp dim/D-sharp min7-flat 5 Ideas---The vii-diminished Chord
- A Common Chord Progression
- Eternal Highway (Strumming Etude for the E Family)
- More Common Progressions
- D Major Family Chord Embellishments
- D Ideas---The I Chord
- E min Ideas---The ii Chord
- F-sharp min Ideas---The iii Chord
- G Ideas---The IV Chord
- A Ideas---The V Chord
- B min Ideas---The vi Chord
- C-sharp dim/C-sharp min7-flat 5 Ideas---The vii-diminished Chord
- D'Nice (Etude for the D Family)
- Using a Capo
- Reasons to Transpose
- Capos in Action
- How to Use a Capo to Play in Difficult Keys
- The CAGED Formula
- Different Types of Capos
- Waterfall (Etude for Partial Capo)
- Odds And Ends
- Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- Etude for Hammer-ons and Pull-offs
- Passing Tones and Chords
- Pivot Finger Chord Combinations
- Endings and Cadences
- Pedal Tone Diatonic Chord Scales
- Introduction to Alternate Tunings
- Open D Tuning---D-A-D-F-sharp-A-D
- Blues for Ry
- Open G Tuning---D-G-D-G-B-D
- Open C Tuning---C-G-C-G-C-E
- The Hope Song (Etude for Open C Tuning)
- D-A-D-G-A-D Tuning
- PART TWO: CHORD CONNECTIONS
- Introduction to Part Two
- How to Read Chord Diagrams
- Open Position Chord Forms
- Barre Chord Forms
- Basic Theory
- Triad String Set #1
Guitar Chord Resource
A Complete Approach to Using Chords
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Guitar Chord Resource
A Complete Approach to Using Chords
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music