There are currently no items in your cart.
Greenwich Village (The Happy Folk Singing Days 1950s and 1960s). Composed by Ralph Lee Smith and Madeline MacNeil. For Dulcimer (Mountain). Perfect binding, Solos. Folk. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20317).
ISBN 9780786671762. Folk. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Visit the Greenwich Village folk music scene of the 1960s ! and bring your dulcimer! Ralph Lee Smith was there and saw it all. He was the only dulcimer player in the Village's old-timey string bands during the Folk Revival's glory days. A fascinating text and rare photographs bring you to Washington Square, the coffeehouses and the music gatherings at the Folklore Center and in Allan Block's Sandal Shop, where young enthusiasts created a musical revolution. The book contains a selection of the songs and tunes that they played and swapped as they reclaimed a lost American heritage. If you can't play old tunes such as Finger Ring, Dance All Night with a Bottle in Your Hand, and Chickens are a-Crowin', get this book, light a candle and bring the Greenwich Village folk scene to your home or coffeehouse! Includes dulcimer tab in DAA and DAD, musical notation and guitar chords.
- Ain't That Skippin' And a-Flyin (DAA)
- Ain't That Skippin' And a-Flyin' (DAD)
- Charley's Neat (DAG)
- Chicken Are a-Crowin' (DAG)
- Dance All Night With a Bottle in Your Hand (DAA)
- East Virginia (DAA)
- East Virginia (DAD)
- Finger Ring (DAA)
- Finger Ring (DAD)
- Georgia Railroad (DAA)
- Georgia Railroad (DAD)
- Goin' Across the Sea (DAA)
- Hop High Ladies (DAA)
- Hop High Ladies (DAD)
- Johnson Boys (DAA)
- Johnson Boys (DAD)
- Likes Likker Better Than Me (DAA)
- Likes Likker Better Than Me (DAD)
- Little Moses (DAA)
- Little Moses (DAD)
- Pretty Little Turtle Dove (DAA)
- Pretty Little Turtle Dove (DAD)
- Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms (DAA)
- Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms (DAD)
- Roll On The Ground (DAA)
- Roll On The Ground (DAD)
- Run Mountain (DAA)
- Run Mountain (DAD)
- Single Girl, Married Girl (DAA)
- The Brave Engineer (DAA)
- The Brave Engineer (DAD)
- The Dying Ranger (DGD)
- Way Down Town (DAA)
- Way Down Town (DAD)
- Who's Going To Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot? (DAA)
- Who's Going To Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot? (DAD)
The Happy Folk Singing Days 1950s and 1960s
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Happy Folk Singing Days 1950s and 1960s
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Dulcimer Sheet Music
Genre: Folk Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook