Great Hymn Writers (Portraits in Song) - Medium High
Medium high voice and piano accompaniment (High voice (Medium-High))
Medium High Voice. Arranged by Jay Althouse, Patti Drennan, Mark Hayes, Lloyd Larson, Anna Laura Page, Jean Anne Shafferman, Douglas E. Wagner. This edition: Book & Accompaniment/Performance CD. Vocal; Vocal Collection; Worship Resources. 8 Best-Loved Hymns with Reproducible Program Notes. Sacred. Collection and accompaniment CD. 52 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.25855).
Item Number: AP.25855
ISBN 0739042130. 9x12 inches.
This first installment in the new Portraits in Song Series is an outstanding collection of hymnwriters and arrangers. Each of these solos may be performed separately, or -- paired with the brief biographical information -- together, creating an excellent recital or special worship program. Titles: Amazing Grace (Althouse) * Blessed Assurance (Drennan) * Holy, Holy, Holy (Hayes) * I Sing the Mighty Power of God (Page) * It Is Well with My Soul (Page) * Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Larson) * My Life Flows On in Endless Song (Shafferman) * O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing (Wagner).
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Amazing Grace Words by John Newton (1725-1807)
- Blessed Assurance Words by Fanny Crosby (1820-1915)
- Holy, Holy, Holy Words by Reginald Heber (1783-1826)
- I Sing the Mighty Power of God Words by Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
- It Is Well With My Soul Words by Horatio Spafford (1828-1888)
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee Words by Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933)
- My Life Flows On in Endless Song Words and music by Robert Lowry (1826-1899)
- O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing Words by Charles Wesley (1707-1788)