There are currently no items in your cart.
Great French Composers for Folk Harp composed by Sunita Staneslow. For Harp (Folk/Celtic). Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. French. Intermediate. Book. 32 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97281).
ISBN 9780786658862. French. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This unique book of 14 lever harp arrangements includes excerpts of some of the most famous French works by Debussy and Ravel, including Clair de lune, The Girl with the Flaxen Hair, and Pavane. The book features classical excerpts but there are five folk tunes and a medieval melody. The level of difficulty ranges from advanced beginner to advanced intermediate. This is a collection of some of the most beautiful French melodies and is a perfect addition to almost every harpist's repertoire. The arrangements all have fingering and dynamics. The keys range from two sharps to one flat, but a full set of levers is needed for several of the more advanced classical excerpts. Eight of the pieces require no lever changes and five of the classical melodies require multiple lever changes.
- Clair de lune (Exerpt) Performed by Claude Debussy (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Derriere Chez Nous (Near Our Old Home) Performed by Traditional French (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Fais Do-Do (Go To Sleep) Performed by Traditional French (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- La filla de Parthenay (The Girl from Parthenay) Performed by Traditional 19th Century France (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- La fille aux cheveux de lin (The Girl with the Flaxen Hair - Excerpt) Performed by Claude Debussy (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- La laine de nos moutons (The Wool of Our Sheep) Performed by Traditional Song From Auvergne (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Medieval Melody Performed by Richard De Fournival (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Menuet (Key of C) Performed by Jean Philippe Rameau (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Menuet (Key of G) Performed by Henry Purcell (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Pavane (Exerpt) Performed by Maurice Ravel (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Premiere Gymnopedie Performed by Erik Satie (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Reverie (Excerpt) Performed by Claude Debussy (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Romance (Excerpt) Performed by Claude Debussy (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
- Tenes la de Pres (Hold Tight to Your Girl) Performed by Traditional Rigaudon From Cevennes (arr. By Sunita Staneslow)
Great French Composers for Folk Harp
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Great French Composers for Folk Harp
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Celtic Harp Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook