There are currently no items in your cart.
Hymn texts, anthems, and poems for a new millennium. Composed by Thomas H. Troeger. Hymnal. 86 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780195391800).
Item Number: OU.9780195391800
ISBN 9780195391800. 8 x 6 inches.
This book of poetry, written by a well-known US hymn writer, includes hymn texts, anthems, and poems for numerous occasions throughout the liturgical year. Organized by theme, this book includes practical and useful indexes on metre, scriptural references, and liturgical usage that will enrich the work of preachers, liturgists, and composers.
- God, you made all things for singing
- First find a steady beat
- Our songs to you, Dear Lord, begin
- Our music plumbs, then lifts and bears
- Learn from all the songs of earth
- For remembered music sounding
- How did your journey start?
- When Mary's baby cried
- No one slept when Christ was born
- Will the angels sing this year
- If You Would Hear the Angels Sing
- Clear out the cluttered heart
- The Most Convincing Angels
- How do you spell the word?
- A Different Light Descends
- How many times we start again
- Jesus never stayed the same
- All things of dust to dust return
- Rising water always flowing
- Too often, God, your name is used
- Let your Spirit blow as wind
- Let wonder be reborn
- Have you not known? Have you not heard?
- Come build with us a house of prayer
- Lord, we use an ancient letter
- As new parents in the night
- When the sky was solid night
- A World Too Vast to Chart
- One human heart can hold
- Since an empty heart collects
- A heart that centers, Lord, on you
- Let light and truth suffuse the mind
- There is a dream that thrills Gods heart
- Not all beauty succumbs to time
- You plant gardens
- If it were terra-cotta with sloping sides
- By the island of stone
- Spider Mum
- Home from the Grand Canyon
- Soon enough comes the time of final parting
- Surely this is resurrection
- A late planting
- Notes on Meter, Scriptural References, and Occasion
- Metrical index
- Index by Scripture References
- Index by Theme and Image
- Index by First Line and Title
Top Selling Choral Titles
Top Digital Downloads