God and Country
Organ: 3-staff - Intermediate
Organ Settings of Hymn Tunes for Nat'l Occasions. Composed by Emma Lou Diemer (1927-). Sacred, General, Hymn-Based Collection, Patriotic. Sacred Music Press #70/1141S. Published by Sacred Music Press (LO.70-1141S).
Item Number: LO.70-1141S
The seven radiant organ works in this fine collection are based on hymn tunes appropriate for days of thanksgiving or national holidays. Emma Lou Diemer is a master at breathing new life into well-worn hymns. These compositions are filled with her usual harmonic and rhythmic surprises--to the delight of organists and their congregations. The settings vary in difficulty from easy to moderately difficult, and they fill a considerable void in organ literature for special observances of national importance.
- Not Alone For Mighty Empire
- My Country Tis Of Thee
- Battle Hymn Of The Republic
- O God Of Every Nation Performed by Dale Wood
- God Of Ages Whose Almighty Hand Performed by Emma Lou Diemer
- O Beautiful for Spacious Skies Performed by Emma Lou Diemer
- Christian Women Christian Men Performed by Emma Lou Diemer