There are currently no items in your cart.
Glory! (Gillingham Signature Series). Composed by Robert Ash. For concert band (Piccolo, Flute 1/2, Oboe 1/2, Bb Clarinet 1, 2, 3, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, F Horn 1, 2, 3, 4, Bb Trumpets 1, 2, 3, 4, Trombone 1/2, Bass Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Timpani, Percussion). Grade 5. Score only. Duration 9:15. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.06971).
Glory was created to commemorate those lost in the war against Afghanistan. Set as a loose theme and variations, the work is based on the opening trumpet solo and goes through several transformations as it progresses. Glory was hand-picked by David Gillingham to be part of the Gillingham Signature Series.
Glory for wind band was created to commemorate those lost in the war against Afghanistan. During the piece's construction, the war had just broken out and the few American casualties that were caused by this conflict were being reported by the media. It was at this time I realized that many Americans would feel little loss due to the small number of casualties. I put myself in the place of the families who lost loved ones and began to imagine how catastrophic this skirmish must seem to them. Many Americans will not remember the sacrifice made by these soldiers and their families. This piece pays tribute to those who may already be forgotten. The piece is constructed in a loosely-based theme and variations. The piece is based on material from the opening trumpet solo. The first variation features the trumpets in a brass fanfare. the oboes, and then horns, carry the theme in the second variation, which leads to a morose climax. The theme is carried by the trumpets and horns in the third variation and is driven by glistening woodwind lines. The piece is not programmatic in nature, but rather represents emotions felt by those who were called to duty, those who have died, and those who are blessed to return home. - Robert Ash.
Gillingham Signature Series
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Gillingham Signature Series
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 5