Gloria in D (Op. 103/3), RV 589
Choir and piano Soprano voice and Alto voice (Soli), Choir, Piano
Composed by Antonio Vivaldi & Giovanni Maria Ruggieri. Edited by Clayton Jacob Westermann. This edition: Paperback. Choral, Original Works, Transcriptions, Liturgical, Mass. Baroque Period - Rococco/Gallant; Sacred/Hymns, Italian. Large Vocal Score. With Text Language: Latin, English. Composed c1710. Duration 31 minutes. Published by Serenissima (SA.Z2732).
Item Number: SA.Z2732
ISBN 9781932419559. 8.27 x 11.69 inches.
The most famous of three settings of the Gloria text by Vivaldi, this one (RV 589) most likely dates from about the same time as its predecessor, during the composer's tenure at the Ospedale della Pieta convent in Venice (1713-40). It's also notable for the borrowing of the "Cum Sancto Spiritu" chorus in the setting composed by Vivaldi's fellow Venetian - Giovanni Maria Ruggieri in 1708. This new vocal score is a digitally enhanced reprint of the one originally prepared by the American musicologist Clayton Westermann in 1967 and includes Westermann's English translation of the original Latin text. Now available in an easy-to-read A4 format, with measure numbers and an improved layout, at an affordable price.
- 1. Gloria in Excelsis (Chorus)
- 2. Et in Terra Pax (Chorus)
- 3. Laudamus Te (Duet for Two Sopranos)
- 4. Gratias Agimus Tibi (Chorus)
- 5. Propter Magnam Gloriam (Chorus)
- 6. Domine Deus (Soprano Solo)
- 7. Domine Fili Unigenite (Chorus)
- 8. Domine Deus, Agnus Dei (Alto and Chorus)
- 9. Qui Tollis (Chorus)
- 10. Qui Sedes ad Dexteram (Alto Solo)
- 11. Quoniam Tu Solus Sanctus (Chorus)
- 12. Cum Sancto Spiritu (Chorus)
Customers Who Bought Gloria in D (Op. 103/3), RV 589 Also Bought: