Getting into Slide Guitar
Guitar (all) - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Steve Dawson. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Getting Into. Blues. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20200BCD).
Item Number: MB.20200BCD
ISBN 9780786668014. Blues. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Getting into Slide Guitar covers slide for acoustic or electric guitar and focuses on open-G tuning. The book explains the concepts of technique, basic theory, improvising, harmonic and melodic concepts and provides many essential examples. Most of the context for the book is blues-based, but the ideas and examples are applicable to all styles. Companion CD included.
- Chapter 1: Open-G Tuning
- Chapter 2: Basic Slide Setup and Technique
- Chapter 3: Introducing and Building on the Blues Progression
- Chapter 4: Left and Right-Hand Muting Techniques
- Chapter 5: Playing in the Key of G
- Chapter 6: Going Futher into the Key of G
- Chapter 7: Rhythmic Variations
- Chapter 8: String Pairs and Melodic Options
- Chapter 9: Playing Solo
- Chapter10: Playing in Other Keys (In Open-G Tuning)
- Chapter11: Playing in Other Tunings