There are currently no items in your cart.
Getting into Latin Jazz Guitar by John Zaradin. For Guitar (Classical & Fingerpicking). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Getting Into. Latin American. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20198BCD).
ISBN 9780786667369. Latin American. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book is a guide to some of the techniques needed for "getting into latin jazz guitar." There are 5 independent sections: References and definition of terms; exercises and/or pieces which demonstrate various guitar techniques; examples of common Rasgueado patterns; the "Riverboat Suite," studies for developing rhythmic ability and appreciation; and pieces in a variety of different Latin styles. The CD, used in conjunction with the written notation, tablature and chord symbols, gives a clear idea of what is required for players and teachers of all levels. It is assumed that the reader is familiar with guitar and music notation, but glossaries of terms are included for reference. There are a variety of patterns which are employed in the different styles of music; the examples show how to "get into" some basic forms. All the techniques described are playable on the fingerstyle guitar, and the pieces themselves are selected and arranged with performance in mind.
- Odagil Returns for Ligado Performed by John Zaradin
- Hammer & Snaps (no brandy) Performed by John Zaradin
- An Ordinarily Mental Study Performed by John Zaradin
- Skat Goes Pating Performed by John Zaradin
- A Dampened Proof Course Study Performed by John Zaradin
- Ensnared Again! Performed by John Zaradin
- El Vito Performed by Traditional, Arr. John Zaradin
- Canzona Performed by John Zaradin
- Thumbling Performed by John Zaradin
- No Holds Barred Performed by John Zaradin
- Riverboat Suite Performed by John Zaradin
- Bolero Blues Performed by John Zaradin
- Rumbabarumba Performed by John Zaradin
- Orientale Performed by John Zaradin
- Tango del Camino Performed by John Zaradin
- Gato Performed by John Zaradin
- Chacarera Performed by Traditional, Arr. John Zaradin
- La Cucharada Performed by Traditional, Arr. John Zaradin
- La Boliviana Performed by Traditional, Arr. John Zaradin
- Guaracha Chiquita Performed by John Zaradin
- Puerto Vallarta Performed by John Zaradin
- Bar Tropical Performed by John Zaradin
- Mercutio Performed by John Zaradin
- O Forro Performed by John Zaradin
- Carnavalito Performed by Traditional, Arr. John Zaradin
- Mambo Bay Ride Performed by John Zaradin
- Mambaixado Performed by John Zaradin
- Sambaiao Performed by John Zaradin
Getting into Latin Jazz Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Getting into Latin Jazz Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: John Zaradin Sheet Music John Zaradin Acoustic Guitar Sheet Music John Zaradin Classical Guitar Sheet Music John Zaradin Electric Guitar Sheet Music John Zaradin Fingerpicking Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Latin Sheet Music
Series: Getting Into