There are currently no items in your cart.
Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Violin composed by Martin Norgaard. For Violin. Getting Into. Jazz. Beginning-Intermediate. E-book. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.21288BCDEB).
ISBN 1610653440. Jazz.
Learn to improvise in the Gypsy Jazz violin style even if you have never improvised before. The style is closely associated with French jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli, who played with Gypsy jazz guitar player Django Reinhardt. Each lesson in the book covers specific key aspects of the Gypsy jazz violin style. The techniques are presented sequentially and the underlying music theory is introduced on a "need to know" basis.
Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Violin includes charts of classic swing tunes such as Avalon, The Sheik of Araby & After You've Gone and includes a CD featuring authentic accompaniment tracks and model violin performances. Because the Gypsy jazz violin style maintains common elements of traditional classical violin techniques such as vibrato and shifting, the book is a perfect vehicle for the classical violinist to learn to improvise without having to change their general approach to the instrument.
* Any intermediate or advanced violinist can learn to improvise in the Gypsy jazz violin style.
* Perfectly suited to classically trained violinists because the Gypsy jazz violin style is closely related to traditional classical violin techniques.
* Includes charts of classic swing tunes such as Avalon, The Sheik of Araby & After You've Gone.
* The 21 lessons are carefully sequenced to introduce key components of the Gypsy jazz violin style.
* Includes a CD with sample solos and exercises in addition to authentic Gypsy jazz guitar accompaniment tracks.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
- Tuning Note A
- Tuning Note A
- Tune: Gypsy Jazz Progression (Back-up)
- Exercise 1.1
- Exercise 2.1
- Exercise 2.2
- Exercise 3.1
- Exercise 3.2
- Exercise 3.3
- Exercise 3.4
- Exercise 3.5
- Exercise 3.6
- Exercise 4.1
- Exercise 4.2
- Exercise 4.3
- Tune: Gypsy Jazz Progression w/ Minor 6 Chords (Back-up)
- Exercise 5.1
- Exercise 5.3
- Exercise 5.4
- Exercise 5.5
- Exercise 5.6
- Exercise 6.1
- Exercise 6.2
- Exercise 6.3
- Tune: Avalon (Original Melody)
- Tune: Avalon (Back-up Slow)
- Tune: Avalon (Back-up Fast)
- Exercise 7.1
- Exercise 7.2
- Exercise 7.3
- Exercise 8.4
- Exercise 8.5
- Exercise 9.1
- Exercise 9.3
- Exercise 10.4
- Tune: The Sheik of Araby (Original Melody)
- Tune: The Sheik of Araby (Back-up Slow)
- Tune: The Sheik of Araby (Back-up Fast)
- Exercise 11.1
- Exercise 11.2
- Exercise 11.3
- Exercise 12.1
- Exercise 12.4
- Exercise 13.1
- Exercise 13.2
- Exercise 13.3
- Exercise 13.4
- Exercise 14.1
- Exercise 14.2
- Exercise 14.3
- Exercise 14.4
- Exercise 15.1
- Exercise 15.3
- Exercise 15.5
- Tune: After You've Gone (Original Melody)
- Tune: After You've Gone (Back-up Slow)
- Tune: After You've Gone (Back-up Fast)
- Exercise 16.4
- Exercise 17.2
- Exercise 18.3
- Exercise 19.4
- Exercise 20.1
- Exercise 20.2
- Exercise 21.4
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Violin
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Violin
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Violin Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Series: Getting Into