Getting into Gypsy Jazz Guitar
Guitar (Fingerpicking) - Intermediate
With translations in English, French & German. Composed by Stephane Wrembel. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Getting Into. Jazz. Book/CD Set. 112 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20273BCD).
Item Number: MB.20273BCD
ISBN 9780786670635. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book focuses on the key elements of the Django Reinhardt Gypsy jazz or jazz Manouche guitar style. The information revealed here was gleaned from years of experience jamming with French Gypsies and studying with masters of the style. A native of France, Stephane Wrembel acquired his skills entirely by ear and has taught scores of musicians worldwide using the method that appears here in text and notation for the first time. Written in English, German and French with all musical examples in standard notation and tablature, Wrembel conveys his knowledge in a logical step by step manner, exposing the reader to the authentic Manouche style as it continues to evolve in France and Holland. Medium to advanced in difficulty, this method is designed for the guitarist who is already familiar with jazz harmony and note locations on the fretboard.
- CD Contents
- About the Author
- Part One: Technique and Rhythm
- Chapter 1: Right Hand Technique and Warm-Up
- Chapter 2: Voicings
- Chapter 3: Accompaniment
- Part Two: Improvisation
- 6 Basic Shapes for Improvisation
- Expanding on the Subject Matter: Complete Shapes
- A Plan of Approach Essential to Gypsy Jazz
- Arpeggio Extensions: Adding Color
- Diminished Arpeggio - 7th Chord Arpeggio Mix
- 4 Measures Examples, V7 1 Progression
- "Gypsy Swing in Minor"
- Harmonic Minor Scale
- Melodic Minor Scale
- Whole-Tone Scale
- Concepts in One or Two Notes Per String Groupings
- The Chromatic Scale
- Chromatic Approach and Three Notes Per String Grouping Concept
- Combining Fingerings for 2 and 3 Notes Per String
Customers Who Bought Getting into Gypsy Jazz Guitar Also Bought: