There are currently no items in your cart.
Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo composed by Alan Munde. For Banjo (5-String). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Getting Into. Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20803BCD).
ISBN 9780786675579. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo book and CD by Alan Munde is the accumulation of successful teaching concepts developed in his 40 plus years as a professional bluegrass musician and teacher. Munde presents a straight-forward and well-founded course of bluegrass banjo essentials. Designed for those who have never played a stringed instrument to those taking up bluegrass banjo as a second instrument.
Getting Started - Covers the parts of the banjo, hand positions, first picking patterns, pull-offs, hammer-ons, slides, exercise songs, ending with the professional sounding 'Levelland Mountain Breakdown.' Review of Rolls, New rolls, and combinations of Rolls, with Examples - Offers the most used rolls in bluegrass banjo playing with often-played examples of each. The player learns many of the licks used in the style with an example of how to combine them to make a solo. Roll Logic - How to place a melody into the several different roll patterns. Tools and Techniques - Helps develop left hand techniques through the use of intervals of thirds and sixths.Creating Solos to Songs - At the heart of the book is this revealing section with many examples of how to create many, many solos to the song 'Jesse James.'Songs - Put to use all you have learned on these great standards 'Ground Hog,' 'Wildwood Flower' (two versions),'Nine Pound Hammer,' 'Worried Man Blues,' 'Lost All My Money,' 'Old Country Church,' 'Kneel at the Cross,' and 'Train 45.'.
Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music
Series: Getting Into