Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo
Banjo (5-String) - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Alan Munde. Getting Into. Bluegrass. E-book and online audio. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc - Digital Sheet Music (M0.20803BCDEB).
Item Number: M0.20803BCDEB
The Getting Into Bluegrass Banjo book and CD by Alan Munde is the accumulation of successful teaching concepts developed in his 40 plus years as a professional bluegrass musician and teacher. Munde presents a straight-forward and well-founded course of bluegrass banjo essentials. Designed for those who have never played a stringed instrument to those taking up bluegrass banjo as a second instrument.
* Getting Started - Covers the parts of the banjo, hand positions, first picking patterns, pull-offs, hammer-ons, slides, exercise songs, ending with the professional sounding "Levelland Mountain Breakdown."
* Review of Rolls, New rolls, and combinations of Rolls, with Examples - Offers the most used rolls in bluegrass banjo playing with often-played examples of each. The player learns many of the licks used in the style with an example of how to combine them to make a solo.
* Roll Logic - How to place a melody into the several different roll patterns.
* Tools and Techniques - Helps develop left hand techniques through the use of intervals of thirds and sixths.
* Creating Solos to Songs - At the heart of the book is this revealing section with many examples of how to create many, many solos to the song "Jesse James."
* Songs - Put to use all you have learned on these great standards "Ground Hog," "Wildwood Flower" (two versions),"Nine Pound Hammer," "Worried Man Blues," "Lost All My Money," "Old Country Church," "Kneel at the Cross," and "Train 45."
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).