There are currently no items in your cart.
Fusion composed by Brian Balmages. For concert band. Concert Band. FJH Symphonic Band. Score only. Full set (score and parts) also available: B1324. Grade 4.5-5. Score only. Duration 8 minutes. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.B1324S).
Fusion was commissioned for the retirement concert of Eric Haenfler, band director at Highland High School in Gilbert, Arizona. The work consists of three movements, all of which draw from various types of pop music and dance forms set within a contempor
The first movement, Overture, is a short fanfare based loosely on Irish dance rhythms and melodies. While there are no specific references to any Irish folk songs, one hears the style that is often found in Irish jigs. The second movement, Ballad, is lyrical in nature and receives its inspiration from various aspects of pop ballads, particularly some of the harmonic progressions. While no direct references to pop music are made, one hears some distant references as the movement progresses. The final movement, Fusion, is a literal combination of several styles, inspired by my love of many different types of music, including rock, funk, and swing. Elements of all these styles exist in this movement, treated in a contemporary fashion. Eventually, a brief reference to material from the first movement leads into the final powerful rhythmic statements, which are variations on the opening material of the final movement. A stubborn and strong bass pedal continues to interject before the various intertwining lines come together in a final chord.
About FJH Symphonic Band
Appropriate for accomplished high school, college, and professional groups. Includes expanded instrumentation and ranges. Grades 4 - 5
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Series: FJH Symphonic Band