Fundamentals of Rhythm for the Drummer
Drum (Snare) - Beginning
Composed by Joe Maroni. Wire bound, Technic. Building Excellence. All Styles. Book. 100 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94493).
Item Number: MB.94493
ISBN 9781562220587. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This drum method book can be used for private instruction as well as group lessons. Private teachers will find that this method is comprehensive and practical. Elementary band directors can correlate most of the material with any elementary band series.
The exercises, summaries, and rhythm studies will develop stick control, coordination, rhythm reading ability, and confidence. The material will enable the percussion section to develop musicianship and provide musical accompaniment for the entire band.
- Alternate Stickings
- Buzz Strokes
- Introducing Cut Time
- Introducing Dotted Notes
- Introducing Downbeat Eighth Note Rolls
- Introducing Eighth Notes Combined with Sixteenth Notes
- Introducing Eighth Notes with Eighth Rests
- Introducing Sixteenth Notes
- Introducing Sixteenth Notes Combined with Eighth Notes
- Introducing Syncopation
- Introducing the Dotted Eighth Sixteenth Note Rhythms
- Introducing Tied Notes
- Introducing Triplets
- Introducting Eighth Notes
- Introducting Quarter Notes and Quarter Rests
- Introducting Whole Notes and Whole Rests
- Preliminary Buzz Roll Studies
- Use of Foot