There are currently no items in your cart.
Fun with the Violin composed by William Bay. For Violin. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Fun With. Folk. Beginning. Book. 32 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93276).
ISBN 9780871664693. Folk. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This is a collection of 47 big-note, level 1 easy solos on old favorites designed to build technique, range, and endurance while maintaining student interest. These familiar folk tunes are fun to play and ideal as a supplement to any method. All of the solos in this text may be played together in ensemble with the Fun With Viola, Fun With Cello, and Fun With String Bass books. Basic information on parts of the violin and tuning is included. The tunes in this book provide an excellent source of practice material for learning note values, articulations, and dynamics. Bowings are included throughout the book.
- Blow the Man Down
- Blue Bells of Scotland
- Down By The Riverside
- Frankie and Johnny
- John Henry
- Oh! Susanna
- Shortnin' Bread
- Hail Hail The Gang's All Here
- It Takes A Worried Man
- Loch Lomond
- Michael Row The Boat Ashore
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by Scott Joplin
- Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes
- She'll Be Comin' 'Round The Mountain
- The Eyes Of Texas Performed by Scott Joplin
- When The Saints Go Marching In Performed by Scott Joplin
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Camptown Races Performed by Stephen Foster
- Cape Cod Chanty
- Come Back To Torino Performed by Francesco Carlo Zucco
- I've Been Working On The Railroad
- Streets Of Laredo
- The Drunken Sailor
- The Entertainer Theme Performed by Scott Joplin
- This Train Performed by Scott Joplin
- Londonderry Air
- Gypsy Lament
- Battle Hymn Of The Republic Performed by Julia Ward Howe
- Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair
- Home on the Range
- Red River Valley
- Santa Lucia
- Wayfarin' Stranger Performed by Scott Joplin
- Aura Lee
- Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home
- Cockles And Mussels
- My Bonnie
- Old Shoe Boots And Leggins
- Tom Dooley Performed by Scott Joplin
- I Gave My Love A Cherry
- Look Down That Lonely Road
- The Erie Canal Performed by Scott Joplin
Fun with the Violin
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Fun with the Violin
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Violin Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Folk Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Fun With