There are currently no items in your cart.
From this Viewpoint composed by Josh Gottry. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (percussion 1: 3-octave vibraphone, percussion 2: 3-octave vibraphone, bells, percussion 3: chimes, percussion 4: 4-octave marimba, 2-octave crotales, percussion 5: 4.3-octave marimba, bells, percussion 6: 5-octave marimba). Percussion Music. Medium. Score and parts. Duration 7:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.16100).
Based on the perpetual development of two intertwining melodic ideas, "From This Viewpoint" is a mesmerizing work for keyboard percussion sextet.
Based on the perpetual development of two intertwining melodic ideas, "From This Viewpoint" is a mesmerizing work for keyboard percussion sextet. The piece opens with a simple vibraphone statement of the primary melodic idea over a low marimba sustain. The idea is then highlighted with the crotales and bells as it is traded between wood and metal instruments. It is allowed to shift modally, yet uses exclusively the seven natural pitches. Approximately one-third of the way into the piece, the second melodic idea enters in the bells and crotales and is immediately set in canon with the marimba, vibes, and chimes. The piece gradually builds in intensity as the tempo accelerates into a sixteenth-note underlying marimba ostinato. The two primary ideas combine with this ostinato and each other before ultimately dying away into one final statement of the opening phrase, again in the vibes and low marimba.
From this Viewpoint
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
From this Viewpoint
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music