There are currently no items in your cart.
Four Ricercari - Score and parts composed by Segni da Modena. For SATB recorders. Recorder Quartets. Italian Instrumental Music of the Renaissance. Score and Parts. Published by London Pro Musica (MM.LPMIM09).
Giulio Segni, also known as Julius da Modena, was first organist at St. Marks, Venice from 1530 to 1533. An indication of the respect accorded to his music is the fact that several of them survive in intabulations for lute and keyboard. Certainly he shows a remarkable contrapuntal gift, and a special ability to compose melodies that unfold organically from a simple opening phrase, and which have exquisitely controlled climaxes. These pieces were originally published in Musica Nova /Accommodata. per cantar /et sonar sopra organi; et altri / strumenti. composta per diversi / eccellentissimi musici. . . , Venice, 1540. Of the 21 pieces in the collection more than half (13 in all) are by Giulio Segni, 3 are by Willaert/ with other pieces by Parabosco, Colin and Benoist. Only the bass part of Musica Nova has survived; however, all but two of the pieces were reprinted in Jacques Modernes Musicque de Joye, of c. 1545. - BT.
About Italian Instrumental Music of the Renaissance
These pieces are primarily for 2 or 3 instruments. Playable on recorders, viols - and some on crumhorns. Primarily available with just score - although later editions include parts.
Four Ricercari - Score and parts
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Four Ricercari - Score and parts
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Recorder Sheet Music
Genre: Italian Sheet Music