Foundations For Superior Performance
Band trombone - Book A,1
Warm-Ups & Technique for Band. Edited by Jeff King and Richard Williams. Program/technic book. Instructional, Scales and Technique. Instructional book. With standard notation and instructional text. 48 pages. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.W32TB).
Item Number: KJ.W32TB
ISBN 849770173. 9x12 inches.
As band directors in the Duncanville Independent School District (SW of Dallas, TX) Richard Williams and Jeff King were continually looking for materials that would help them achieve the musical goals they set for their band students. Like many band directors, they found themselves writing numerous hand-outs covering basic warm-ups, scales, and technical exercises. Over the years they have refined, edited, and organized their classroom materials into Foundations For Superior Performance.
This series is designed to help organize the daily rehearsal and to improve the overall performance level of the ensemble. From as little as five minutes a day, to forty-five minutes a day, this series offers the flexibility and options to fit any particular band situation. It also provides the director with the resources to meet each student on his or her own level while challenging them to reach the next level.
By using Foundations For Superior Performance, the following areas can be improved:
* Sound (tone production).
* Articulation (styles and concepts).
* Greater flexibility, agility and, endurance.
* Increased range.
* Individual and ensemble listening skills.
* Technique in all twelve major and minor keys.
* Basic understanding of music theory.
- Section 1: Warm-Ups
- Concert F Around the Band
- Articulation Exercises
- Long Tones
- Warm-Up Sets 1 through 4
- Section 2: Technique
- Major and minor scales, mini-scales, scale patterns, scales in thirds, intervals, triads, and chord studies
- Concert B flat
- Concert F
- Concert C
- Concert G
- Concert D
- Concert A
- Concert E
- Concert B
- Concert G flat
- Concert D flat
- Concert A flat
- Concert E flat
- Section 3: Chorales and Tuning Exercises
- Interval tuning, chord tuning, and chorales
- Concert c minor
- Concert g minor
- Circle of Fifths
- One Octave Scales and Arpeggios
- Full Range Scales
- Chromatic Scales
- Major Arpeggios and Inversions