For Saxes Only! (10 Jazz Duets for Saxophone)
Saxophone - Intermediate
Easy to Intermediate Jazz Duets. Arranged by Greg Yasinitsky. Woodwind - Saxophone Duet. Jazz. Book & CD. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.0480B).
Item Number: AP.0480B
For Saxes Only! 10 Jazz Duets for Saxophone is a fantastic collection of jazz standards, all arranged for two easy- to intermediate-level players. These jazz duets include music by George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Dizzy Gillespie, as well as a few originals composed especially for this book. The duets are written for performance by two instruments pitched in the same key, such as a B-flat tenor with a B-flat soprano, or an E-flat alto with an E-flat baritone. The enclosed CD features Greg Yasinitsky playing all the duets, with each part recorded on a separate channel. To play along with the CD, the saxophonist simply turns off one of the stereo channels. A great way to work on jazz concept, phrasing, intonation, and blend, and a fun way to make music with friends! Titles are: Bye Bye Blackbird * A Foggy Day * The Man I Love * But Not for Me * What Is This Thing Called Love * Groovin' High * Fly by Night * Good to Go * Big Sky * Crazy Eights.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Big Sky Additional credits Greg Yanitsky
- Crazy Eights Additional credits Greg Yanitsky
- The Man I Love Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- A Foggy Day (In London Town) Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- But Not For Me Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Bye Bye Blackbird Composed by Ray Henderson;Lyrics by Mort Dixon
- Fly By Night Additional credits Greg Yanitsky
- Good To Go Additional credits Greg Yanitsky
- Groovin' High (Long Version) Additional credits Dizzy Gillespie
- What Is This Thing Called Love? Composed by Cole Porter