There are currently no items in your cart.
Focus on Rhythm, Volume 1 edited by Suzanne W. Guy and Joanne A. Smith. For piano. Classical. Great Piano Literature. Classical Period. Early Intermediate/Late Intermediate. Book. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1652).
ISBN 1-56939-613-2. Classical Period.
As part of the Great Piano Literature Series, Focus on Rhythm, Volume 1 is a collection of 32 carefully selected and edited pieces from the four major style periods. This selected repertoire explores the many different rhythmic patterns and combinations i.
- Foreword from the Authors
- Baroque Keyboard Performance Guidelines
- Carnival Scene from Pieces de Clavecin Performed by Francois Couperin
- Trumpet Tune Performed by Jeremiah Clarke
- Sonata in G Major, K. 391 (L. 79) Performed by Domenico Scarlatti
- Prelude in G Major from Neue Clavier-Ubung, Part I Performed by Johann Kuhnau
- Tocatta in C Minor Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Gigue from Partita No. 1 in Bb, BWV 825 Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Prelude in E Major, BWV 937 frpm Little Preludes and Fugues Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Classical Piano Performance Guidelines
- Bagatelle, Op. 119, No. 9 Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Sonatina No. 17 in D Major Performed by Georg Anton Benda
- Bagatelle in A minor Performed by Johann Christian Bach/Francesco Pasquale Ricci
- Solfeggietto Performed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Sonatina, Op. 36, No. 2 Performed by Muzio Clementi
- Capriccietto Performed by Johann Nepomuk Hummel
- Sonata in G Major, Hob. XVI:8 Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Minuet In F Major, K. 5 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Romantic Period Interpretation Guidelines
- Arabesque, Op. 100, No. 2 Performed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- New Scenes of Childhood, Op. 55, No. 5 Performed by Theodor F. Kirchner
- New Scenes of Childhood, Op. 55, No. 6 Performed by Theodor F. Kirchner
- Allegretto Scherzando from Sonatina, Op. 76, No. 5 Performed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Etude in C Major, Op. 47, No. 19 Performed by Stephen Heller
- Etude in A Minor, Op,. 47, No. 3 Performed by Stephen Heller
- Cradle Song, Op. 124, No. 6 from Album Leaves Performed by Robert Schumann
- Waltz in B Minor, Op. 18, No. 6 (D. 145) Performed by Franz Schubert
- Waltz in D Major, Op. 127, No. 1 (D. 146) Performed by Franz Schubert
- Mazurka in Bb Major, Op. Posth. (KK Ivb, No. 1) Performed by Frederic Chopin
- Petit Etude, Op. 91, No. 10 Performed by Moritz Moskowski
- Twentieth Century Interpretation Guide
- Slovakian Boys' Dance from Ten Easy Pieces, Sz. 39 Performed by Bela Bartok
- Gypsy Melody from Nine Piano Pieces, Op. 3, No. 1 Performed by Zoltan Kodaly
- A Joyous Moment from Pictures for Children, Op. 37 Performed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Larghetto from Les Cinq Doigts Performed by Igor Stravinksy
- Pesante from Les Cinq Doigts Performed by Igor Stravinksy
- First Arabesque Performed by Claude Debussy
Biographical Information for Composers
- Index by Title
Focus on Rhythm, Volume 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Focus on Rhythm, Volume 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Piano Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook