There are currently no items in your cart.
Flatpicking the Blues by Brad Davis. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Saddle-stitched, Methods. Blues. Intermediate. Book/CD/DVD Set. 88 pages. Published by Flatpicking Guitar Magazine (MB.2242).
ISBN 9780786675135. Blues. 8.5 x 11 inches.
In this new DVD/book/CD set Brad Davis teaches you how to add the blues to your flatpicking repertoire and how to introduce the blues feel to the flatpicking tunes you already know.
In this comprehensive course you will learn the scales, rhythm styles, and chord progressions which define the blues, standard blues licks and phrases, and blues styles of players like Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Brad even demonstrates how to play Bill Monroe's bluesy mandolin licks on the guitar. Elements of the blues can be found in all forms of American music - from bluegrass, to folk, to rock.
On the DVD Brad demonstrates how to play several different arrangements of 12-bar blues rhythm and then shows you how to utilize the blues scales to improvise over the chord progression. This is done in a step-by-step easy to follow method through a variety of written examples in the book and opportunities for you to practice with the practice tracks on the audio CD. The audio CD also contains ear training lessons in the context of the blues!
The goal of this book/DVD/CD set is not only to show you the elements of the blues, but to teach you how to be an improvisational player in the context of the blues so that you can jump into any blues jam and hold your own.
Additionally, Brad teaches 'bluesy' arrangements of a number of standard flatpicking fiddle tunes (Nine Pound Hammer, Lonesome Road Blues, Salt Creek, John Hardy). If you are tired of playing the same old deedle-deedle-deedle arrangements of fiddle tunes on the guitar, this course will help get you out of that rut!
Duration: 81 minutes.
- Blues Shuffle in E
- Conclusion & The Road Ahead
- John Hardy
- Lonesome Road Blues
- Moving to Other Keys
- Nine Pound Hammer
- Salt Creek
Flatpicking the Blues
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Flatpicking the Blues
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music