First Year Charts Collection for Jazz Ensemble
Jazz Ensemble 2nd Trombone
2nd Trombone. Jazz Ensemble Collection; SmartMusic. First Year Charts Collection for Jazz Ensemble. Jazz. Book. 24 pages. Published by Belwin Music (AP.26913).
Item Number: AP.26913
ISBN 0739045989. Jazz.
The Best of Belwin Jazz: First Year Charts for Jazz Ensemble is a collection of twelve outstanding jazz ensemble arrangements for the young player. Each chart is written by experienced educational arrangers and composers in various styles and tempos: swing, Latin, ballad, waltz, holiday and pop.
This collection is written for full instrumentation---five saxophones, three trumpets, three trombones, and four rhythm---but is designed to sound full and complete with reduced instrumentation of three saxes, two trumpets, one trombone and three rhythm. Optional parts are available for flute, clarinet, tuba, horn in F, and baritone T.C.
The rhythm section parts offer suggestions for rhythms, piano voicings, and guitar chord frames. All solos are written out in improvised sections. The conductorâ€™s book includes full-length CD recordings of all titles.
"Bill Bailey, Wonâ€™t You Please Come Home," "Birth of the Blues," "Embraceable You," "First Time Around," "Gospel," "Hot Chocolate," "Jazzmin Tea," "Jingle Bell Rock," "Poco Loco," "Splanky," "Sunday Morning," "TMI" This title is available in SmartMusic.
- Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home Arranged by Ralph Ford
- Embraceable You Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- First Time Around Composed by Mike Lewis
- Gospel Composed by Carl Strommen
- Hot Chocolate Composed by Alan Silvestri,Glen Ballard
- Jazzmin Tea Composed by Vince Gassi
- Jingle Bell Rock Composed by Joe Beal,Jim Boothe
- Poco Loco Arranged by Carl Strommen
- Splanky Composed by Neal Hefti
- Sunday Morning Composed by Neal Hefti
- T.M.I. (Too Much Information) Composed by Ralph Ford
- The Birth Of The Blues Composed by Ray Henderson;Lyrics by Lew Brown,Buddy DeSylva