There are currently no items in your cart.
First organ book by Nicolas (de) Grigny. Edited by Philippe Lescat, Jean Saint-Arroman, Pierre Hardouin, Jean Christophe Tosi. For Organ solo. This edition: Facsimile. La Musique Francaise Classique de 1650 a 1800. Score. 258 pages. Published by Anne Fuzeau Productions - France (FZ.5629).
ISBN M230656290. 23.50 x 31.50 cm inches.
This facsimile of an original and these manuscripts by Nicolas de Grigny is part of our French classical music collection. Edition : Edition originale, 1699, Copies manuscrites de Bach et Walther. The three essential sources of this superb work are combined here in the same folder: the original edition, and the copies by J. S. Bach and J. G. Walther. In spite of careless engraving the original edition is the most authentic source. J. S. Bach's copy respects the original text and corrects all the slight engraving mistakes but also showss in some details a lack of familiarity with certain French ornaments and their traditional phrasing. Preface by: Philippe Lescat: biography of N. de Grigny - catalogue - his family - music publishing of the period. Pierre Hardouin: N. de Grigny's organs. Jean-Christophe Tosi: where to play Nicolas de Grigny's works in France. Jean Saint-Arroman: hints on reading the score and performance (the engraving of the original edition, Grigny's music in the context of the period, N de Grigny's writing, details of notation, accidentals, phrasing and fingering, ornamentation, tempi, registrations). Collection supervised by the musicologist Jean Saint-Arroman, professor at the Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique et de Danse of Paris and at the CEFEDEM Ile de France (Training Centre for Music Teachers). He is the author of the majority of our prefaces and has also been involved in library searches. Facsimile of copies from: - National Library of Paris (France). - University Library of Frankfurt (Germany).
- National Library of Berlin (Germany). Anne Fuzeau Classique propose period copies of classical music scores.
First organ book
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
First organ book
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Organ Solo Sheet Music