There are currently no items in your cart.
First Lessons Violin composed by Craig Duncan. For Violin. Saddle-stitched, Methods. First Lessons. All Styles. Beginning. Book/CD/DVD Set. 32 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99292SET).
ISBN 9780786625826. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This text presents beginning violin technique and basic music-reading fundamentals, with an emphasis on the use of melodies and classical pieces to teach each new concept. The 28 lessons include basic technique and reading skills, scales in the keys of A, D, G, and C as well as bowing techniques such as dynamic contrast, slurs, accents, and staccato bowing. There are 47 melodies presented including works by Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Handel, Mozart and other classical composers. The companion CD and DVD feature all of the exercises and pieces recorded with solo violin and piano accompaniment.
* Uses melodies and pieces to introduce technique and fundamentals.
* Includes scales in A, D, G, and C; slurs, accents, and staccato bowing.
* 47 melodies, including works by Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart, and more.
* Companion CD and DVD contains all exercises and pieces.
DVD 69:10 minutes.
- Lesson 1
- Holding The Violin
- Playing the Open Strings
- Quarter Notes and Half Notes
- Lesson 2
- Notes in the First Position on the A and E strings
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Lesson 3
- Key Signatures
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Jingle Bells
- Lesson 4
- Repeat Signs
- Russian Dance Tune
- Lightly Row
- Dotted Notes
- Camptown Races
- Lesson 5
- Eighth Notes
- Hungarian Folk Song #1
- The Old Gray Goose
- Lesson 6
- Notes in the First Position on the D string
- Ode to Joy (Ninth Symphony Theme) - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Scherzando - Bela Barotok
- Lesson 7
- D Scale
- Country Gardens
- Can, Can - Jacques Offenbach
- Lesson 8
- Largo from The New World Symphony - Anton Dvorak
- Lesson 9
- Notes in the Key of D on the E string
- Riguadon - Henry Purcell
- Lesson 10
- Time Signature
- Lavender's Blue
- Allegretto - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Lesson 11
- Simple Gifts - Shaker melody
- Lesson 12
- Fanfare Minuet
- King William's March - Jeremiah Clarke
- Lesson 13
- KEY OF G
- London Symphony - Joseph Haydn
- Lesson 14
- Crescendo and Descresendo
- Jamaica - English Dance Tune
- Lesson 15
- The Upbeat
- British Grenadiers
- Symphony Theme - Johannes Brahms
- Lesson 16
- Minuet - Georg Philipp Telemann
- The Harmonious Blacksmith - Georg Frederic Handel
- Lesson 17
- KEY OF C
- Trumpet Minuet
- Lesson 18
- French March (duet)
- Lesson 19
- Playing two notes with the same bow direction
- Gavotte In C
- Marche from The Algerian Suite - Camille Saint-Sa‘ns
- Lesson 20
- The Fourth Finger
- BourŽe from Water Music - Georg Frederic Handel
- Etude - Nikolai Paganini
- Lesson 21
- Fourth Finger and Open Strings
- Gavotte from Sonata #2, Opus 5 - Georg Frederic Handel
- Menuet - J. S. Bach
- Lesson 22
- Key of A
- German Dance - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Lesson 23
- German Dance in A - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Andante Grazioso - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Lesson 24
- Sixteenth Notes
- Ride, Ride - Dmitri Kabalevsky
- Bonaparte's Retreat
- Lesson 25
- Dotted Eighth Note
- Soldier's March - Robert Schumann
- Theme from the Fourth Symphony - Franz Schubert
- Lesson 26
- Glockenspiel - Wolfgang A. Mozart
- Lesson 27
- Staccato and Legato
- Surprise Symphony - Joseph Haydn
- Gavotte in D - Arcangelo Corelli
- Lesson 28
- Grace Notes
- Sonatina - Ludwig van Beethoven
First Lessons Violin
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
First Lessons Violin
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Violin Sheet Music
Series: First Lessons