First Concert Folio
Concert band Clarinet
Pieces for Grade 1 Bands. Composed by Anonymous Joseph Compello. Arranged by Andrew Balent Joseph Compello. Concert Band Method. Sounds Spectacular. Part(s). With Standard notation. 16 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.O5417).
Item Number: CF.O5417
ISBN 0825833124. With Standard notation.
Andy Balent and Joe Compello have done it again. Following the great success of their collaboration on Ensembles Sound Spectacular, Grade Two, they created an outstanding folio for the Grade One Band. This very easy collection of original pieces and arrangements for beginning band contains music that is enjoyable and exciting for young players and can also be used to aid in the teaching of basic fundamentals of music and band performance. All pieces are correlated with Book One of the Sounds Spectacular Band Course and are designed to sound great with an imbalanced instrumentation or larger, fully provided ensembles. They will also be a great supplement to any band method you are currently using. This folio is written for the basic instrumentation that is common to most beginning bands. There is only one flute, clarinet and trumpet part and the low instrument parts are all together. As long as all parts are included, even the smallest ensemble will make a very solid sound at this level. First Concert Folio contains the following selections: Ain't Gonna Rain No More, Aura Lee, Captain Andy, Chant For Band, Jingle Bells, London Bridge is Rockin' Down, The Mouse in the Clock, O Come Little Children, Old Mac Donald's Band, The Olympians, The Sailor and the Bear, Skip To My Lou, The Old Man Plays Trumpet, The Victors Wolfgang in the Percussion Box.
- Old MacDonald's Band [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- Chant for Band Performed by Andrew Balent
- Jingle Bells [Arranged by Joseph Compello] Performed by James Pierpont
- London Bridge Is Rockin' Down [Arranged by Joseph Compello]
- O Come Little Children [Arranged by Joseph Compello] Performed by Johann A.P. Schulz
- Aura Lee [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- The Victors [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by Louis Elbel
- The Mouse In The Clock (Hickory Dickory Dock) [Arranged by Joseph Compello]
- Skip to My Lou [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- The Sailor and the Bear [Arranged by Joseph Compello]
- Captain Andy Performed by Andrew Balent
- Wolfgang in the Percussion Box Performed by Joseph Compello
- Ain't Gonna Rain No More [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- This Old Man Plays Trumpet [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- The Olympianos (Ode To Joy) [Arranged by Joseph Compello] Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven