First Chair Trumpet Solos with Orchestral Accompaniment
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3806).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3806
Here is a collection of trumpet solos drawn from every corner of the symphonic repertoire, from Baroque to Late Romantic (Wagner, Bruckner). Every aspect of the orchestral trumpeter's world is explored. Master trumpeter Peter Piacquadio is your guide as you listen to his interpretations of these classic works; then he steps aside and gives you have the opportunity to practice and perform these with full orchestra in the comfort of your own home!
Includes a high-quality printed solo part and a compact disc containing a complete performance in split-channel stereo, with the soloist on the right channel; and a second performance in full stereo minus the soloist.
- The Water Music, HWV348 (Andante Allegro; Allegro maestoso - Hornpipe; Lentemente; Pomposo) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Symphony No. 3 in D minor (Allegro moderato) Performed by Anton Bruckner
- Academic Festival Overture, op. 80 (two excerpts) Performed by Johannes Brahms
- Overture to Light Cavalry Performed by Franz Von Suppe
- Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage, op. 27 Performed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- Rienzi, der Letzte der Tribunen, WWV49: Overture Performed by Richard Wagner