There are currently no items in your cart.
Fireburst Fanfare composed by Roland Barrett. For concert band. Concert Band. FJH Young Band. Score only. Full set (score and parts) also available: B1378. Grade 2. Score only. Duration 1 minute, 20 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.B1378S).
Start your concert with a short burst of energy that will immediately command your audience's attention. This ideal opener will not tax your young musicians, leaving them more than ready to tackle the rest of the program. Though written for young bands, the brass fanfares sound bold and full while the woodwind flourishes add dazzling color, making this concert opener really sparkle. Sure to make a bold introduction!
The title of this energetic curtain-raiser comes from a term used to describe a supernova. Supernovas (or supernovae) are exploding stars that can shine one billion times more powerfully than the sun. Most reach their maximum luminosity a few days after they occur, and shine intensely for several weeks before gradually fading from view. At the peak of their brightness, these exploded stars are often luminous enough to outshine an entire galaxy, and may radiate as much energy as the sun would emit over 10 billion years. In the year 1054, Chinese astronomers recorded a fireburst so bright that it was visible during daylight hours. The explosion left behind a pulsar and a huge cloud of gases and dust known as the Crab Nebula, which can still be seen today.
About FJH Young Band
Appropriate for middle school and smaller high school groups. Second clarinets usually stay below the break. Parts are written with more independence, and instrumentation increases slightly. There is still adequate doubling in the lower voices. Grades 2 - 2.5
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 2
Series: FJH Young Band