There are currently no items in your cart.
Fingerpicking Dulcimer composed by Janita Baker. For Dulcimer (Mountain). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Acoustic Music. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 88 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99537BCD).
ISBN 9780786663736. Acoustic Music. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A collection of 21 songs arranged in a fingerpicking style for the mountain dulcimer, this book offers a wide variety of musical genres and playing levels. Divided equally between arrangements for three and four equidistant strings, the songs progress in difficulty within each section from beginner to advanced level. Each piece is written in both standard music notation and dulcimer tablature, and is accompanied by performance tips for playing that song. Many arrangements utilize the 6 1/2 fret, and tunings range from standard modal tunings to four-string variations. The arrangements cover a wide range of song styles including traditional ragtime, blues, and classical standards. Songs include My Old Kentucky Home; Londonderry Air, All Through the Night, The Entertainer, Careless Love, House of the Rising Sun, Fur Elise, and Bach's Minuet in G. There is an extensive introduction on playing techniques for both left and right hands, tunings, reading tablature, and dulcimer embellishments. The accompanying CD is an instrumental recording of solo dulcimer, designed to give the student a note-for-note reference to each written arrangement while providing a performance-quality listening experience.
- In Christ There Is No East Or West Performed by Traditional Hymn
- House Of The Rising Sun Performed by Traditional
- Country Gardens Performed by Traditional
- Londonderry Air Performed by Traditional
- Ode to Joy Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Grandfather's Clock Performed by Henry Clay Work
- All Through The Night Performed by Traditional Welsh
- Trumpet Voluntary Performed by Jeremiah Clarke
- Medley: The Minstrel Boy / Scotland the Brave Performed by Traditional
- Spanish Fandango Performed by Traditional
- Minuet in G Major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Greensleeves Performed by Traditional
- Andante Performed by Fernando Sor
- Für Elise Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- My Old Kentucky Home Performed by Stephen Foster
- Aura Lee Performed by Traditional
- Rondo Performed by Fernando Carulli
- Careless Love Performed by Traditional
- Bink's Waltz Performed by Scott Joplin
- The Entertainer Performed by Scott Joplin
- The Ragtime Dance Performed by Scott Joplin
- The Old Piano Roll Blues Performed by Cy Coben
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.